This is an online course which enables you to explore and consider mental health issues, especially within school settings. The course does not offer professional advice, and we make it clear that if serious concerns are raised, then medical or professional advice should be sought immediately.
However, the course offers teachers the following:
- → An explanation of common mental health conditions.
- → An exploration of the stigmas attached to mental health conditions.
- → Acknowledging the issues
- → A consideration of gender differences with dealing with mental health issues
- → Opportunities to discuss mental health with students, colleagues, and school leaders.
This course is inspired by the issues and contributions during the #UKEdChat session. You can freely view the summary and archive of this session by clicking here. Reference to the UKEdChat session is also made within this course.
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF summary of the course completed, along with a ‘certification of completion’ PDF, for CPD evidence. Please print these off for your own records.
What this course offers
- ♦ Length of course: 1 hour
- ♦ Course cost GBP£10
- ♦ Upon completion, you will receive a PDF Certification of Completion to save or print as evidence of your personal professional development.
- ♦ We strongly suggest that you make notes during this course as you will be prompted to answer some questions, at the end, sharing what has resonated with you.
- ♦ To take this course, please ensure that you are registered and signed in. Click here to register. Please ensure that you add your correct information, as this will be displayed on your Certificate of Completion. Once all elements have successfully been marked completed, please return back to this page, where you should see the option to ‘Print Certificate‘ above.
- ♦ To proceed, click ‘TAKE THIS COURSE‘ below, where you will be prompted to make payment by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- ♦ Once completed, navigate back to this page, and click on the first lesson below to proceed.
- ♦ Please note that access to this course expires after 30 days.
Section 1: A focus on Mental Health - Introduction
Types of Mental Health - Anxiety
Types of Mental Health - Depression
Types of Mental Health - Eating disorders
Types of Mental Health - Mixed anxiety and depression
Types of Mental Health - OCD
Types of Mental Health - Panic disorders
Types of Mental Health - Phobias
Types of Mental Health - Post traumatic stress disorder
- Types of Mental Health - Anxiety
- Types of Mental Health - Depression
- Types of Mental Health - Eating disorders
- Types of Mental Health - Mixed anxiety and depression
- Types of Mental Health - OCD
- Types of Mental Health - Panic disorders
- Types of Mental Health - Phobias
- Types of Mental Health - Post traumatic stress disorder