The classroom is one of the most dynamic social locations one can find. Each individual brings so much with them into the classroom and leaves a slightly different person than which they came. The interplay of myriad interactions between the pupils, teachers and others is a carefully choreographed dance directed by the educator conducting and providing the learning opportunities.
This course – supported by materials, ideas and further reading – aims to help educators explore the opportunities available to pupils to be confident and respectful in using their voice, and develop strategies to listen to what is being said to them from all the noise in life.
Progressing in the course
Once you have enrolled in the course, you will see your progression when you scroll to the foot of this page. After each lesson and topic, you must ‘Mark Complete‘ at the bottom to proceed onto the next lesson. Ultimately, you are aiming to receive green checks next to each lesson. If there are any missing, you will need to re-visit the lesson to complete the activities accompanying, and/or ‘Mark Complete‘. Please see the image below, as an example.
What this course offers
- ♦ Length of course: 1 hour
- ♦ Course cost GBP£10
- ♦ Upon completion, you will receive a PDF Certification of Completion to save or print as evidence of your personal professional development.
- ♦ We strongly suggest that you make notes during this course as you will be prompted to answer some questions, at the end, sharing what has resonated with you.
- ♦ To take this course, please ensure that you are registered and signed in. Click here to register. Please ensure that you add your correct information, as this will be displayed on your Certificate of Completion. Once all elements have successfully been marked completed, please return back to this page, where you should see the option to ‘Print Certificate‘ above.
- ♦ To proceed, click ‘TAKE THIS COURSE‘ below, where you will be prompted to make payment by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- ♦ Once completed, navigate back to this page, and click on the first lesson below to proceed.
- ♦ Please note that access to this course expires after 30 days.
Lesson 7 - Providing opportunities to talk
Topic 7a - Collective Role
Topic 7b - Conscience alley
Topic 7c - Forum theatre
Topic 7d - Hot seating
Topic 7e - If the walls could talk
Topic 7f - Liar liar
Topic 7g - Occupational mime
Topic 7h - Overheard conversation
Topic 7i - Role on the wall
Topic 7j - Still image
Topic 7k - Tableau vivant
Topic 7l - Teacher in role
Topic 7m - Thought tracking
- Topic 7a - Collective Role
- Topic 7b - Conscience alley
- Topic 7c - Forum theatre
- Topic 7d - Hot seating
- Topic 7e - If the walls could talk
- Topic 7f - Liar liar
- Topic 7g - Occupational mime
- Topic 7h - Overheard conversation
- Topic 7i - Role on the wall
- Topic 7j - Still image
- Topic 7k - Tableau vivant
- Topic 7l - Teacher in role
- Topic 7m - Thought tracking