Inclusion within education is imperative, and being excluded from any activity can be one of the most demotivating factors we face as social beings. But being excluded on the grounds of social standing, race, gender, sexual-orientation, mental or physical disabilities is one of the greatest injustices that humans place upon each other.
Yet, many students come into the education system with many challenges in their lives, without having to worry about whether they are going to be treated fairly and justly.
Supported by the online #UKEdChat discussion, this course explores definitions of what inclusion in education means in a modern context, along with tips and ideas to ensure all our students have the best access to education possible – overcoming barriers.
What this course offers
This is an introductory course for educators, school leaders, or students to gain a basic understanding of what inclusion means within any education system. Exploring the barriers, elements of what an inclusive educational setting looks like, along with exploring what inclusive teaching is, the course offers participants a chance to reflect upon their own experiences and philosophies to ensure every student gets the best educational experience possible.
- – Length of course: 1 hour
- – Course cost GBP£10
- – Upon completion, you will receive a PDF Certification of Completion to save or print as evidence of your personal professional development.
- – We strongly suggest that you make notes during this course as you will be prompted to answer some questions, at the end, sharing what has resonated with you.
- – To take this course, please ensure that you are registered and signed in. Click here to register. Please ensure that you add your correct information, as this will be displayed on your Certificate of Completion. Once all elements have successfully been marked completed, please return back to this page, where you should see the option to ‘Print Certificate‘ above.
- – To proceed, click ‘TAKE THIS COURSE‘ below, where you will be prompted to make payment by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- – Once completed, navigate back to this page, and click on the first lesson below to proceed.