For many, the domain of outdoor learning is focused on the early years of schooling, or related to physical exercise lessons, with most other subjects remaining within the confines of the school walls.
However, there are many schools and practitioners who are always seeking to take learning outdoors, as the energy levels and change of learning routine can inspire and enhance experiences.
Supported by the UKEdChat session on the subject, this course explores ideas and opportunities for more teaching and learning to take place outdoors, not matter of the weather.
The course is broken into different lessons, exploring the ‘do’s and dont’s’, ‘safety’ and ‘ideas’.
The course offers further reading suggestions, along with practical ideas that can be used in any classroom to enhance the teaching and learning process.
Some of the lessons above have additional topics within to explore various concepts offered throughout the course. There are also a couple of questions contained which need answering before proceeding to the next lesson or section.
Upon successful completion of the course, you can download a printable PDF certificate to evidence your engagement in the course, and engagement in social media online chats. You may use this certificate as evidence of your professional development.
- – Length of course: 1 hour
- – Upon completion, you will receive a PDF Certification of Completion to save or print as evidence of your personal professional development.
- – We strongly suggest that you make notes during this course as you will be prompted to answer some questions, at the end, sharing what has resonated with you.
- – To take this course, please ensure that you are registered and signed in. Please ensure that you add your correct information, as this will be displayed on your Certificate of Completion.
- – To proceed, click ‘TAKE THIS COURSE‘ above.
- – Once completed, navigate back to this page, and click on the first lesson below to proceed.
- – Please note that access to this course expires after 30 days.