This course accompanies and develops ideas and pedagogy shared during the UKEdChat conversation focused on this topic. The course encourages educators to consider the questioning techniques that take place in the classroom, and is relevant to teachers and school leaders who want to concentrate on enriching the questions that are asked in lessons.
The course encourages reflective practice in classroom situations and aimed at teachers at all stages of education. We strongly suggest that you make notes during this course, as you will be prompted to answer some questions, at the end, sharing what has resonated with you.
The course has 5 lessons:
- How important is questioning in the classroom? – Which further explores four elements evident in the classroom.
- Questioning techniques – Examines questioning techniques that can be used in any classroom.
- Creating and focusing on key questions in a lesson (planning) – Planning for questioning within the classroom.
- Challenging students through questioning and discussion using Socratic maieutics – Asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presumptions.
- Questioning – Your reflections on your practice.
The course offers further reading suggestions, along with practical ideas that can be used in any classroom to enhance the teaching and learning process.
Some of the lessons above have additional topics within to explore various concepts offered throughout the course. There are also a couple of questions contained which need answering before proceeding to the next lesson or section.
Upon successful completion of the course, you can download a printable PDF certificate to evidence your engagement in the course, and engagement in social media online chats. You may use this certificate as evidence of your professional development.
What this course offers
- ♦ Length of course: 1 hour
- ♦ Course cost GBP£10
- ♦ Upon completion, you will receive a PDF Certification of Completion to save or print as evidence of your personal professional development.
- ♦ We strongly suggest that you make notes during this course as you will be prompted to answer some questions, at the end, sharing what has resonated with you.
- ♦ To take this course, please ensure that you are registered and signed in. Click here to register. Please ensure that you add your correct information, as this will be displayed on your Certificate of Completion. Once all elements have successfully been marked completed, please return back to this page, where you should see the option to ‘Print Certificate‘ above.
- ♦ To proceed, click ‘TAKE THIS COURSE‘ below, where you will be prompted to make payment by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- ♦ Once completed, navigate back to this page, and click on the first lesson below to proceed.
- ♦ Please note that access to this course expires after 30 days.